“And it was the afternoon of Halloween.
And all the houses shut against a cool wind.
And the town was full of cold sunlight.
But suddenly, the day was gone.
Night came out from under each tree and spread.”
― Ray Bradbury, The Halloween Tree
Continuing the tradition that started over at my ancient 8tracks account back in 2011, I’m celebrating the greatest season of all with a collection of eerie and haunting recordings, mainly from horror film scores, that’ll surely get you in the mood for All Hallow’s Eve.
- Deadlights (It Soundtrack) – Benjamin Wallfisch
- Chariots of Pumpkins (Halloween III Soundtrack) – John Carpenter & Alan Howarth
- The Valley (Phenomena Soundtrack) – Bill Wyman & Terry Taylor
- Leigh’s Things (Hereditary Soundtrack) – Colin Stetson
- Inferno (Take 2) (Inferno Soundtrack)- Keith Emerson
- Come Unto The Corn – The Hare and the Moon
- Lights Out (The Autopsy of Jane Doe Soundtrack)- Danny Bensi, Saunder Jurriaans
- Intertel – Daphne Oram
- Follow The Goat (The Witch Soundtrack) – Mark Korven
- Tommy Tells of Ghost Ships (The Fog Soundtrack) – John Carpenter
- Volk (Suspira 2018 Soundtrack) – Thom Yorke
- Symptoms (Stranger Things 2 Soundtrack) – Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein
- Horns of Abraxas (Mandy Soundtrack) – Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Nosferatu Main Title Theme – Jill Tracy & The Malcontent Orchestra
- Missile Away – Daphne Oram
- The Shape Stalks Again (Halloween 2018 Soundtrack) – John Carpenter
- Reborn (Hereditary Soundtrack) – Colin Stetson
- O Willow Waly (The Innocents Soundtrack) – Isla Cameron